How Online Maths Tutoring Works
The internet is changing education. Today’s students have plenty of materials available to help them make sense of their schoolwork, and are likely to be as or more comfortable looking at instructional videos on YouTube or tinkering with a piece of software as they are in a traditional classroom environment.
Online tutoring allows us to bridge gaps of hundreds or thousands of miles at the click of a button.
I regularly receive requests from parents of students who live too far away to benefit from this service.
All student needs is internet connection, a computer with a webcam and microphone.
Other tools I will be using in my online lessons: digital whiteboard and a normal whiteboard.
Please send me an email FIRST or use the Contact Form provided in which you must include your:
1. Name & School Attended
2. Level & Exam Board & Grades Predicted
3. Availability & How long you are requesting tuition for
4. Modules & Topics you need help
5. Skype Id
What you will need
• High speed internet connection
• Skype platform already installed on your computer
• Speakers or headphones
• Microphone or headset
• Mouse or digital tablet to write on digital whiteboard (not compulsory ).
Advantages of Online Maths Tutoring
• Much Cheaper than face to face tuition and equally effective
• No Geographic Limitations, your child can learn any time, any place, wherever is convenient
• No Travel Fees to pay
• No travelling for parents
• Students are using online learning within Schools and Universities and becoming familiar with this style of learning is useful for the future
• Very useful for students in Rural and Remote areas where Maths Tutors are rare to find
• Computer software allows users to record, save and access information at a later date
• Peace of mind for parents